Friday, March 23, 2007

So close now

I've now completed week 37 of this pregnancy and have, quite possibly, spent all of my remaining energy reserves for the next decade. I am so big and so uncomfortable that my lumbering about all day, while incredibly amusing (perhaps slightly disturbing?) to watch, is very draining. Much like the beginning of the pregnancy, which was not incredibly kind to me, we've had a few late-pregnancy hiccups here and there but overall, we seem to be healthy and on track. It just goes to show you that no 2 pregnancies are alike...this has been completely different than the uneventful 39 weeks carrying Owen. Perhaps that means we will be in for a child with a completely different temperament as well. Think it's too late to put in a request for "mellow?"

Owen seems mostly excited about the prospect of Baby Brother although I believe he is anticipating another child his age and size. As he talks about the things they might do together, I expect a little disappointment once he meets his tiny sibling. As long as mild disappointment and irritation doesn't lead to all-out war, we'll be fine.

As is the norm around this blog these days, I have so many updates to share and just can't seem to find the time to do it. For those of you who haven't seen Owen in awhile, you would certainly be surprised by how much he's grown up. And for those who've known me well over the years, you would also be surprised at how another human being could possibly talk more than me. Oh, the talking...it's incessant. However, even with all the...ahem...challenges, he is still the greatest thing I could ever imagine and I have a hard time wrapping my brain around splitting my attention with another child. For now, Owen remains my world.

While it goes against my better judgment to share photos that clearly reveal just how beastly I have become, I have been convinced to post some photos from our recent maternity session. After all, I am what I am...this is me at 36.5 weeks with Baby #2. Not as glamorous as I might like, but it's real...the bigness, the love, the new life that waits to greet us.



















































































































A giant, belly-sized thank you goes out to Elizabeth and her magic of EBS Photography. Thanks for being so wonderful to work with and for loving on my family so much.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!! You guys are just gorgeous! All FOUR of you! (And that's not just our prejudice talking!) We can't wait to put our arms around all of you and welcome that new little guy and tell him what a GREAT mom and dad and big "bruvver" he has! We love you all SO MUCH!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Pam said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures, Guys! Congrats on the amazing photo shoot - we know how tricky that can be with a 2 year old ;-) We're so excited for you and can't wait to meet Nick's new cousin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home