Wednesday, January 24, 2007

MIA for the holidays

How far behind can one person fall?? I now have so many new photos and unfinished blog posts sitting around that I don't even know where to start. While you wouldn't know it from the complete lack of posts in December, we had a pretty eventful holiday season and I just couldn't seem to ever sit down and record it for our blog readers. (I'm sure you can all relate.) In any case, it's a new year and we're all moving forward. I'll try to be better about posting and will catch you up in pieces here and there.

Owen visited with Santa on several occasions over the Christmas season and was thrilled to see him every time. At first, he asked for a cow (yes, a cow) and then once that wish was fulfilled (Owen was a cow in his school's Christmas pageant), he began to ask for a train. The generous Jolly Old Saint Nick filled that wish on Christmas morning.

Asking for a cow...



















Being a cow...















Asking for a train...



















Enjoying his new train...















Christmas not only brought lots of new toys, books and games but also brought lots of opportunities for goodies and good friends.

We did tons of baking and candy-making...















































As well as enjoying the usual parties, playgroups and playdates (which occasionally involved bath & bedtime antics too)...























































This Christmas, Owen was able to comprehend a whole lot more than last year and was very excited on Christmas Eve about the prospect of putting out cookies and milk for Santa. He was so eager to set up the plate and, of course, wanted to do everything all by himself.









So, we couldn't help but laugh when we saw Owen's reaction on Christmas morning when he realized that Santa actually ate ALL of the cookies. Hey, I wanted one of those!

Overall, we had a fabulously busy December/early January and enjoyed having all of the grandparents (all 4 sets!) here at varying times throughout the holidays. We hope each and every one of you is enjoying a happy, healthy beginning to your 2007.

While I made no firm resolutions this year, I will make my very best effort to resume REGULAR blog updates to keep you in the know.

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Santa!! WHEN will he learn to share?! Maybe it was one of the elves that ate the last cookie. Looks like Santa left some pretty neat stuff, though -- maybe a good deal after all!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

HOW AWESOME ARE THOOSE CUPCAKES????

(Oh, and Owen's pretty awesome, too!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home