Friday, November 17, 2006

He got punk'd*


I can't believe that I let Halloween come and go without a blog post bragging on the '06 costume. As several of you have heard from me, I just have trouble with the "cutesy" costumes for boys (or for my boy at least...no judgement on the others who do it...don't hatemail me if your son was a cuddly lion this year) and couldn't bring myself to let him be yet another version of some adorable animal or cartoon character. Plus, this was the last year I'll ever be able to pick his costume myself...I am certain that next year I'll be suckin' it up and buying that Bob the Builder costume or some version of Thomas getup that Owen will demand. But this year? This year was Mommy's last turn. I struggled to find anything that I really liked until the nightly post-bath game of "mohawk hair" gave me a brilliant idea. And thus, Owen the "punk wocker" was born.








































































Buying a chain wallet, studded dog collar and earring for your 2-year-old can be quite the shopping adventure. In the end, it was all worth it...the costume was a huge hit, Owen loved playing the part and Mommy was thrilled! And the very best part of all? Owen was the ONLY "punk wocker" we saw in our circles this year. Perfecto. After all, when you were a pirate with dreadlocks at 1-year-old, it doesn't leave you with much wiggle room at 2.

This mom at the preschool Halloween parade said it best! It WAS the cutest thing you've ever seen in your life. (Even if we are a little bit biased. And even if I was trying to avoid "cute.") Plus, having little Owen as a punk made for some really hilarious pictures with his friends.


Ella, this is the boy that Daddy warned you about...


















Dorothy says, "We are DEFINITELY not in Kansas anymore!"














Sweet cheerleader Caroline and her rebel boyfriend...















And finally, what we like to call the "Halloween afterbath"...


















Want to see more Halloween photos? Click here.


*For those readers who are lost on the whole title of this post, here's a
quick lesson: Basically, Punk'd is the MTV generation's version of Candid Camera. Yeah, it has nothing to do with the gist of the post. Just pretend it's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home