Saturday, August 12, 2006

Say what?

With all of the endless talking around here these days, I try to keep a running list of the funny, cute or downright surprising things Owen is saying. The list is growing but somehow my time and energy for sharing it with our blog viewers is shrinking. Go figure.

I still call him my little narrator since our entire days seem to have running voice-overs. "Dats a bue car, dare." (spotting a blue car driving in front of us) "Dis a pant up high." (after seeing some jeans hanging from the ceiling in a department store display) This child talks from sun up to sun down. Here are some of the more recent, and notable, Owenisms. Bear with me...I told you the list was long.



  • Upon waking from his nap, he is often heard to be screaming..."Mommy! Mommy! Come up! Open dee door! Open door! Aw done napping!"

  • While he was *supposed* to be falling asleep one night last week but was flipping around in his crib instead, we heard a loud thump immediately followed by screaming. I ran upstairs and opened the door to a heavily sobbing child. "Mommy! Owen get a boo-boo. Boo-boo knee. Kiss it. I need it Elmo!" He continued sobbing and rubbing his leg so I called for Rob to come upstairs and bring us the Elmo icepack and get us the Tylenol. Once in the room, Rob came over to comfort him and asked what happened. Owen, still sobbing, said, "Boo-boo knee. Banged it hahd!"

  • The very next day, Owen was running back and forth from the playroom to the family room, all the while holding and playing with his Hokey-Pokey Elmo doll. At one point, Owen gave Elmo a good shove and knocked him over. Unfortunately, this is not something out of the ordinary...what followed next, however, was exceptional. Owen stood Elmo back up and said "Sowwy, Elmo." He then ran over to the couch where Daddy was watching the whole scene and told him "Elmo got a boo-boo. Need it Elmo." So, Rob had to get the Elmo icepack from the freezer so that Hokey-Pokey Elmo could be doctored. And where do you suppose Elmo's boo-boo was? On his knee, of course! With icepack in hand, Owen then declared that he needed to "snuggle cout" (couch) and "watch shapes." This is something we do when Owen isn't feeling well. So, Daddy turns on the shapes video and Owen snuggles with Elmo on the couch, holding the Elmo icepack on a furry red knee. At this point, Rob calls me to come in and fills me in on what's happening. I go over and ask what happened. "Elmo boo-boo knee. Banged it hahd." Trying to take the situation very seriously, I asked if Elmo was feeling better now. Owen's response? "Elmo sick. Get temp-a-ter."

  • One morning, we were in the playroom and I noticed a little bunny hopping around in our bushes. Owen was so excited and was glued to the front windows. I ran to get the camera, hoping to get a shot of Owen watching the little bunny. When I came back, our creature friend had gone, but I did get THIS video.

  • As we returned home and pulled into the garage one day, Owen yelled, "Mo go-go cah!" I explained that we were all done with the car and we were ready to go inside. "MO GO-GO CAH, PEES!" I gave in, said okay and asked where he wanted to go. Pointing backwards over the top of his carseat, he said, "Dat way!" So, I backed out of the garage and drove around the neighborhood following his various "dat way" instructions (whenever it was possible or legal). About 10 minutes later, he suddenly declared, "Mommy, no dat way. Aw done. Stop dee cah."

  • After getting him up from a nap several days ago, I could immediately tell he needed a new diaper. I laid him down to change his diaper and started to get out the wipes. Out of the blue, he says "keem up my butt." WHAT??!! This was a big surprise as we never, ever call it his "butt"...we ALWAYS say "bottom." (At least we thought we did!) I choked back a laugh and asked him to repeat himself...just to be sure. "Butt dirty", he said.

  • On Sunday, all 3 of us were in the kitchen and Rob and I were discussing the grocery list. Knowing we were on the verge of leaving, Owen went and stood by the door. Next thing we know, he had grabbed Rob's briefcase and was dragging it along beside him and had taken my keys from the counter. He looked up at us, waved and said "Bye-bye. See you neck time. Owen start dee cah. Sit up font."

And my personal favorite...

  • Yesterday, Owen and I were laying in bed reading some books. I started yawning and he sat up and said, "Yawning. Mommy too tired." I agreed that I was, in fact, very tired and wished I could go to sleep. He slid down off the bed and pulled the chain on my table lamp. "Yight off. Mommy night-night." I closed my eyes and pretended to fall asleep. I then heard him whisper, "Shhh, kigh-it. Mommy seeping" and I heard the door click. He had walked out of the room and closed the door behind him!! I jumped up and ran out into the hallway to find him headed to his room. When I asked what he was doing, he said "Mommy seeping. Owen bye-bye."

Okay, well maybe THIS is really my personal favorite.

Can someone please tell me...WHERE IS MY BABY???

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better find him, quick, 'cause we miss him something awful! If you don't find him, can you make another one, please?

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if you find him, could you make another one...or two...I expect you'd find quite a market for this model!! But I'm confident the mold for this one has been broken. So....Design Team, a new model would also be welcomed!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home