Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Monsters gotta eat too!

Yesterday, after his nap, Owen wanted a cookie. It was a rather big cookie and he wouldn't settle for just half of it. I gave in and away he went with the treat. Not 2 minutes later, he came back asking for "mo cookies." Knowing there was no way he downed the entire thing in that amount of time, I asked "Did Owen eat the whole cookie?" His reply? "Elmo eat hoe cookie!" Sure enough, I went in to the family room to find this.





















In a somewhat related story...this morning, we were watching Sesame Street. Cookie Monster had just finished his usual shtick of messily devouring a handful of cookies and his grand finale was a big, loud belch. Owen looked at me and said "Cookie Monster bup. Esue me." Then nodding his head, "mannuhs." Even a 22-month-old knows that just because you're a monster doesn't mean you shouldn't have good manners.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Owen! What is that Cookie Monster thinking?!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Unbelievably cute - no two ways about it!!!!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! He is just too cute and too smart!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home