Thursday, July 06, 2006

8:40am!

That's how late he slept this morning! A bloggable occasion to be sure. I know what you're thinking...3 weeks since her last post and the best she can do is a late morning snooze?? However, since this has become Owen's baby book, it is a noteworthy event...trust me! For the kid whose wakeup time is typically between 6-7am (with 6:30 as the norm and 5:30 not unheard of), sleeping until 8:40 seems worthy of celebration. So please, applaud along with me.

In other news, we've been busy with more visitors and Owen has been in heaven with all the attention. We were excited to host Megan (perhaps some of you know her as the better half of "Les & Megan") a couple of weeks ago as she was setting up her new classroom at a school here in Atlanta. We were even more excited when we got the call that they would be moving to the area. Can't wait for you guys to get up here.

Then, we got a much overdue visit from Gram and Pop, followed by a visit from Papa Stone & Kathy! Needless to say, we had lots of fun with everybody and there are blog posts on the way.

Aside from the visitor fun, we've just been soaking up the long summer days and enjoying plenty of time outdoors. Hope all our friends and family (near and far) are having a great summer!














This photo was taken several weeks ago as I was doing some work in the front flower beds. I had been inside the house for a couple of minutes when I heard Owen on the front stoop talking to someone...came back to find this. He had retrieved and befriended our beloved garden gnome...the two had quite a conversation.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm applauding! I can definitely relate to your enthusiasm at not having to get up quite so early. Maybe the gnome suggested he sleep in some mornings! You never know. :-) What a creative, adorable friendship that is!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Thanks for the inspiring story. It gave us hope that one day, maybe Owen's cousin, our little 6:30 a.m. wake up call Nick, will sleep in too....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home