Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Return to Nashvegas

Boy, this post is long overdue! Owen I made our first return trip to Nashville (affectionately known by locals as Nashvegas) almost a month ago. While Rob and some buddies from college commandeered the house for an annual get-together, the boy and I fled to see some friends and visit old stomping grounds.

The main reason for the trip was to surprise my dear friend, Adrianne, for her wedding shower. Doesn't she make a stunning bride?? Congratulations, Ad! Wish I could have seen you walk down that aisle.

Also while in Nashville, I was able to spend time with my super-duper friend, Jamie. (Sorry, J. I know that photo is old...we need a new one!) Owen loved Jamie and he loved digging in her plants, crumbing up her floors and altering the setup on her brand-new plasma TV. The time was too short, for sure, but it was wonderful to laugh, reminisce, and just share some time together.

And, Nanette...just one thing to say to you... . NOT enough time. Let's do better the next go 'round, okay? It was great to see old friends at Vandy too. Owen enjoyed sitting in Rosanne's "wap" and looking at "baby you" on her computer over and over and over again. RJ, thanks for taking the time to cuddle my kiddo for a bit...I know how badly you were wanting to get back to work. ;-)

Here's a shout out to all the friends--mamas and non-mamas--that I got to hug and chat with. And here's a big sad, frowny face for all the ones I missed. Promise to catch you next time around! (or get you down here!)

The real highlight of the trip was playing apprentice to the one and only, Chelle Cyborg. Remember the computer cake from my post last summer? Yep, she was the one responsible for that masterpiece. Chelle has earned the name "cyborg" because she clearly is NOT HUMAN. Cooking, baking, drawing, cake-decorating, furniture-making, sewing, knitting, and being a phenomenal mother to 2 sweet girls, Rosie & Aly...she really can do it ALL. I've been joking for the last year about wanting to be her apprentice...to kneel in her shadow and learn alongside the best. Well, 2.5 days in her home and I was able to fulfill my dream for just a little while. Thanks, Chelle. It was a blast.

Owen still sometimes talks about "Wosie" and her sister, "gentle!"

Owen is really sorry for the pushing, Aly. I think it just means he likes you. Yeah, that's what it means. And, one day he'll stop calling you "gentle!", I promise.




























Here's the cake that Chelle made for Ad's shower. It's not shake and bake, but I HELPED. The middle layer is mine...ain't it the best of the 3??!!



















And just so we're clear, when I talk about Cyborg's cakes, I'm not talking about any ol' run-of-the-mill, get-out-your-rosette-tip-and-go-to-town cake decorating. Here's a sampling...now you see why I'd wanna learn from the master!

















































Oh, and Chelle is even a great tornado-warning hostess and has a fully-stocked basement ready for waiting out the storms. Thanks for a great time, my friend.

Nashville buddies, we can't wait to come and play again!

PS--Yes, I know this post wasn't much about Owen. Deal with it! It was my time to love on my friends a bit. You know, it's my blog and I'll do what I want to with it!
(ummm, Owen gave me permission)

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! Does he really call her gentle? :) That is so funny! I had a blast having you here and it was so nice to have some help with a cake for a change. I give you an A+ as an apprentice. Come back again soon PLEASE!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

We loved seeing you, too, Ang!!!

Hope you make that road trip a frequent one

Love you!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should have such a great set of friends to "love on"! Owen and I BOTH give you permission. And Chelle, your cakes RULE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home