Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hands down, best gift EVER!

You know what happened tonight for the first time ever? Totally unprompted. Completely unsolicited. Not prefaced by "Can you say...?" Just now, as I was putting Owen down for bedtime, he grabbed me around the neck, squeezed hard and said, "I wub you, Mommy."

I WUB YOU, MOMMY!!!

Not in response to my saying it first. Not just "wub." Not even just "I wub you." But, clear as day, totally pure..."I wub you, Mommy."

What are the chances this would happen on Mother's Day? What are the chances??? Rob and I both teared up at the sound. It was as if he was waiting all day to give me this gift. I've honestly never heard 4 better words.

I rarely blog in the moment. Never have I rushed to the computer to type a post before. But this I wanted to record forever. This was big.

I am floating.

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! - he'll never top that Mother's Day gift! Absolutely unsurpassable! What a sweetheart!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will never ever have a better gift!! Can't wait to get up there and see all of you! Give Owen a big hug and kiss and tell him Gram wubs him!!!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

:love that boy

so sweet

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Tessa said...

That is such a great gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home