Sunday, May 21, 2006

Chana Banana

My little sis, Chana, came to stay with us a week or so ago. It had been far too long since I last saw her and the visit was far too short as well. Regardless, we had a great time laughing, playing and making fun...just like we always do.

Since receiving this shirt by mail over 2 years ago (no, don't copy me on your next "announcement"...that's an Ang Stone original!), she has really begun to settle into her new role as Owen's aunt. Or, as Owen would say, "Ent Tanna." While college seniors typically have more on their minds than diapers, peekaboo and cleaning raisins out of carseats, she was up for the task no matter what. Honestly, I think the kiddo is growing on her a bit and she just can't help but fall in love with the little guy.

Sadly, we somehow failed to get many pics of the two together during her stay. What's up with that, Che? But, we vow to do much better next time around. For now, we'll have to get by with the one photo we have of "Ent Tanna" ridiculing my child for his Elton John impersonation.














Oh, and I have to brag on this just a bit. During her visit, Chana ate her first-ever bites of sushi. And make no mistake, she didn't just wimp out with the beginner rolls. She chowed down on my sashimi without batting an eye. Rock on girlie...I'll have you hooked in no time.




























No matter how cool an aunt she turns out to be, she'll never top her role as best sister on earth. Really. I couldn't ask for a better sibling and I love the times we spend together. Memories are always better when they're made with my little sis. Love you, Chela Che.

The obligatory trip down memory lane...


2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Chana! You're a cool "ent," an awesome sister, AND you eat major sushi. I'm impressed! LOVE the "memory lane" pictures. What a delightful pair you two are!

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my two little girls!! You have both grown into remarkable young women with so much to offer! Owen is a lucky little guy to have Angie as his Mommy and Chana as his aunt!! And more than that, I am lucky to have two fabulous daughters, an awesome son-in-law, and the best grandson in the world. So-----I WIN!!! :) Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home