Sunday, May 21, 2006

2 funnies and a cute

Just a handful of recent Owen moments to share...

An Entertaining Word Jumble
Owen knows the word for broccoli ("bocky") and he knows the word for one of mommy's undergarments ("bah"). So, it was laugh out loud funny when he mixed up the two. Parading around with my bra hung on his shoulders, I heard "Mommy's bocky."

WHAT did you say?!
There is a local mom & pop ice cream joint that we visit fairly regularly. They have kiddie cones for a dollar and Owen can sit on the carousel horse in the shop while enjoying his cone. Just next to the horse is a sofa. When we were there several days ago, the owner's wife was sitting on the sofa, talking to and playing with Owen. She got up and walked away to tend to some business behind the counter. Owen, obviously unhappy with this new arrangement, pointed to her and said, rather emphatically, "Sit down, gammaw!"

Rob and I both were totally shocked (and both choking back giggles). I was unsure which to address first...the fact that he needed to ask nicely (which he was quick to do upon request and followed up with a "Peas!") or why on earth he had called her "gammaw"! Clearly it is from a video or from listening to others as he has never once called any woman in our family by the term "grandma." Owen, Owen, Owen.

Now THIS one was prompted
Ever since the evening of Mother's Day when we first heard the words, Owen has been free and giving with the "I wub you." He now says it in the mornings as Daddy is headed out the door to work. Without the camera strapped to my head at all times (I am currently considering a hat-mounted, mommy-cam) it is hard to catch these exchanges in the moment. So, here's the next best thing. Daddy had just walked out the door and I grabbed the camera hoping for an instant replay.
I wub you.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I like the lady at the ice cream store because she is obviously good to Owen, or HATE her because she was called gammaw! Hope to be up there sometime soon so I can hear Wub You Gram!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing Owen, he probably reasoned that she must be SOMEBODY'S "Gammaw" and would probably respond to that title! And thanks to Owen, I will never again put on my bra without thinking of brocolli! I WUB you, Owen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home