Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wow, wow, wow!

Alternatively, this post could be called:

That SEVEN is a Tricky Fellow

or even

One More Reason to Love Elmo

Allow me to explain. Sometimes when Owen gets a boo-boo, a kiss from Mommy just isn't enough. Sometimes it requires that Elmo come out of the freezer (yeah, we keep Elmo in the freezer) and help soothe the boo-boo too. Because Owen tends to not want to keep the ice-pack in place long enough for it to be useful, we've made up a little game. We count to ten with the ice-pack in place, and then Owen gives Elmo a kiss. Repeat. Over the last 4-5 months (since we bought the icy Elmo) we've done this, I don't know, 10 times maybe. Well, Monday was one of those days. We got Elmo out of the freezer and I started counting. Lo and behold, Owen joined in. I had no idea! Were it not for ice-pack Elmo, I would have never discovered (at least, not at this point) that Owen can count to 10! (Well, with the exception of that silly old number 7...he's a tricky fellow anyway.)

Of course, I have video documentation for you. In fact, just to be sure it wasn't a fluke, I have 3 sets of video.
Oh sure, one piece of evidence would have been sufficient, but I couldn't deny you the pleasure of seeing Owen tell me to turn the camera off...more than once.

This is the first time I tried to capture the counting on tape...hiccups and all. Notice I was ill-prepared and ran out of memory card space just as we got to 10. Good excuse to try again.

Take #2 at breakfast yesterday morning. Owen is a good sport for the first go round but tires of the counting pretty quickly. Has no problem asserting himself.

The final attempt (at lunch). Still trying to get past that tricky number 7. For those of you that don't know about "baby you", let me give the quick explanation. For many months, Owen would see pictures of himself and say or sign "baby." We would say "that baby is you" or something to that effect. Well, now Owen asks all the time to see "baby you." This means he wants to look at his blog, watch his picture slideshows on the computer or watch video playback on the digital camera. Pretty much anything that involves photos or videos of Owen as the subject is now "baby you." So in this video, "all done baby you" roughly translates as "stop filming me or else!"

19 months old, people. Someone please tell me that help is on the way.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord he's adorable!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a budding accountant in the family!! After he balances my checkbook, I'm going to scoop him up and give him a huge hug!!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

Love that kid!!!

(And - Abby always skips 14!) Too funny.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!! He is so cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home