Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

That's what I've always believed anyway. So, what's the ultimate in flattery? Keeping a toddler by your side all day, of course!

We've already established that you must be very careful what you SAY around Owen. It will be repeated. I also now realize that I must be careful what I DO in his presence as well. Owen has become my little shadow, doing just what I do and watching my every move. Every day, there is some new mimic routine...some new discovery of how he can emulate Mommy and Daddy. Pretend play has begun.

At the last doctor's visit, he picked up the tongue depressor and pretended to file his nails! It must have looked much like the emory boards we use at home. A few days ago, he asked for a second "dink" of water. He gave it to Elmo. In the kitchen, he gets out a mixing bowl and whisk to stir things just like mommy.

A new favorite trick, and one that must be repeated each and every morning, is getting ready just like mommy...makeup and all. Rob tried to capture it a couple of weekends ago. Although in this video he's sitting with mommy, he normally initiates this on his own (and often when nobody is looking). The initial interest in "bake up" required nothing on our part. Fingers crossed that we're leaning more toward television anchor than drag queen.

And after several weeks of this same routine, you know it was bound to happen sooner or later (whether we liked it or not)...






































Owen has also taken to stomping around the house in Mommy's and Daddy's "boots." Apparently "boots" are any shoes bigger than his own. Check it out.

Finally, here is some footage I just captured today. I heard him talking in the front room and went in to find that I was interrupting mealtime. Feeding time at the bear exhibit.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me! He's the cutest kid, ever! Can you teach him to say, "Do you want fries with that?" I love you all!!

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

Owen is adorable! So glad to see anothe update! (Not that I check in every day or anything :paranoid)

Abbers has a special spot in the bathroom next to me and we put on make up together.

I always thought this was a special mama/girlbaby moment. Guess I can look forward to it with Nathan, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home