Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Easter Bunny and The Cool Glasses















Ok, a little background information for you first. As many of you know, Owen loves glasses...sunglasses, reading glasses, big glasses, little glasses. Anyway, he loves glasses almost as much as cell phones. Starting when he was quite little, we would put a pair of glasses on him and tell him he looked so "cool." Well, it stuck. All glasses became known as "cool." Several months ago, we realized that he should probably learn, sometime before kindergarten, that they are actually called "glasses" in the real world. So, he learned "glasses" (well, really "gasses") but still never dropped the "cool." Now, all glasses are "cool gasses." Got it?

Well, since he has already demolished one pair, he no longer gets to play with my sunglasses. Last week, this caused a meltdown in the TJ Maxx checkout line. In a single moment of desperation and to offer some public explanation for my child's outburst, I simply said "maybe the Easter Bunny will bring you some cool glasses of your own." Words offered with little thought...over and done...didn't think about it again. Well, last Friday (Good Friday) I decided I needed to call the mall and check to see if they had an Easter Bunny available for pictures on Saturday (nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, Mommy). I'm on the phone inquiring about said bunny when Owen comes running in the room, "Cool gasses, cool gasses!" As soon as he heard the words "Easter Bunny", he remembered my empty promise. It took a few moments for me to make the connection. Needless to say, I promptly went in search of some kiddo sunglasses for the Easter Bunny to bring.

The "cool gasses" were a big hit! And I learned that I better not say anything I don't really mean.












Bunny inspired eyewear aside, Easter really was a great day in the Stone household. Having already done a "Bunny Brunch" and kids' extravaganza with Rob's firm, we decided to stay put on Easter Sunday and kick around the backyard on our own. So much fun. Owen's egghunting mood went from slightly puzzled to requests for "more eggs" to, finally, "more candy." See it here.

The chocolate bunny went over well...














As did the bubble blowing gun...



















And the big wheel rides...








As I said before, all in all, it was the perfect day. Want to see even more? Stone Easter 2006





2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Pam said...

He looks like Bono from U2 - very cool indeed.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

that is one cool little man...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home