Thursday, March 23, 2006

I am in so much trouble

Today was the end of the concept, "out of reach." Apparently, there is nothing beyond this child's grasp.

Exhibit A:
I came out of the downstairs bathroom to find this...


















He was going after the cell phone I had put away in the cabinet. Mission accomplished.

Not an hour later, I give you Exhibit B:


















This time he was surely after the scissors I left on the table while cutting up paint chips for the walls. Thankfully, I foiled his plans when I yelled from the other room. By the time I arrived with camera in hand, he had already begun his descent from the table.

And finally, a few hours later...Exhibit C:


















This is a photo of the playroom gate that he scaled and cleared on his own. Yep, he went right over the top and dropped down clumsily on the other side. This time I was actually following him and saw the feat with my own eyes. Of course, I had to turn around, go back downstairs and return with the camera.

Yes, I know it's horrible that in each situation I stopped to take a picture. I couldn't help myself. I needed proof. This whole ordeal began yesterday. I was in the office and walked out to find Owen on top of the island in the kitchen. I was too shocked to even think about a picture at that point. I foolishly hoped it was just a fluke...a one-time thing and that he would lose interest. As if.

Times they are a changin.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Julie Clark said...

#1 - So proud of you for the picures.

#2 - He and Abby are cut from the same cloth, I tell ya!

#3 - Annie said it, "YIKES" is right!!!!!

:hug

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know what to get him for Easter, a big bubble wrap suit! Or velcro for his feet and all over the floor, this scares me big time!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy knows what he wants and he goes after it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home