Thursday, January 19, 2006

Owen brings home the gold

Last Thursday marked the end of the semester for Owen's Little Gym class. As I've written before, Owen loves this place and has done really well throughout his first semester. Here he is playing the bells with Mommy during circle time.
















Time to put the bells away (and flirt with Miss Tracy)...















On the beam...































Attempting an escape from the parachute...













When it came time for the medal ceremony, Owen was the first one to climb the steps to receive his award. When Miss Tracy put the medal around his neck, you could actually see his chest expand a bit and he stood there soaking in the applause. He was so very proud of himself.


























The whole thing was one of "those" moments and it kinda just snuck up on me. I realized how quickly my little baby is becoming a little boy and was reminded to hold onto each moment...they are far too brief.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atta Boy Owen!!! Gram is proud that you are keeping up the Family Tradition of bringing home the goods!! As your Great G'pa would say to me then your Mom, Put 'em to runnin' and a squallin'!! I wish I could have been there to see you win your first award. Hope to see you soon! Love, Gram

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go,Owen! And at the ripe old age of 16 months!! Of course you've been a champion in my book for a LONG time!! I love you! Mama Dot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home