Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rough and tumble kiddo

Mild has become wild. Docile has become daredevil. And Mommy has become hypertensive. When you see my son, please do not contact authorities. I assure you that the head-to-toe scrapes, bumps and bruises are all self-inflicted and the result of moving at full tilt 90% of the day.

Seriously, I'm afraid for the future. Veteran mothers, please tell me this kind of behavior just peters out after the first birthday. Lie to me.

Over the course of 36 hours last week:

1) Owen took a lightning fast roll and leap off the changing table. I snagged him by the waist as he was crashing down and was just certain I had cracked a rib. Nothing but a head bump and a scrape on the leg from the open drawer he hit on the way down.

2) Hours later that night, I'm in the bathroom and Owen is playing just outside in the bedroom. LOUD crash followed by screams...I run out to find him trapped under the cheval mirror with his arm wedged between the mirror and frame. That time I was certain we were dealing with a gashed face and broken arm. Nope...just more bruises and tears.

3) Next morning, he was running (yes, running) toward me while I was sitting in the office chair. Didn't hit the brakes fast enough and plowed head first into the arm of the chair. That resulted in a small amount of bloodshed...a small little gash right on the eyelid.


But the important question...Is it wrong for me to be thankful for the boo-boo induced cuddle time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home