Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Birthday Bash


On Sunday, Owen experienced his first of many birthday shindigs to come. We had such a great time visiting with family and friends and I think Owen just might have enjoyed being showered with attention...he was hamming it up pretty good for most of the day.

Speaking of ham, the barnyard theme was a hit and allowed me to try my hand at a homemade piggy cake for my boy. Thanks to Mama Dot for her late-night help and for believing in my vision for Porky. I think he turned out great and Owen seemed to agree.




He wasted no time at all and snatched a pig ear as soon as the cake was within reach.



From what I could tell, there were no complaints about the taste either...Owen seemed to enjoy his cake just fine!



Our water baby showed off his love of the "splash-splash-splash" yet again, and was thrilled to play in the pool with friends, Emily and Sam. It was so great to watch the 3 of them play together and think of future playdates and all the stories for the mommies and daddies to exchange. We're excited to be back within easy driving distance of good friends!















Toys, toys everywhere!
Needless to say, the birthday boy hit a serious toy jackpot this time around. Really, all the gifts are so much appreciated and, as you can see, Owen will never go without. We now just have to figure out the best play rotation so that all the toys get a fair shot at his attention.
















The party atmosphere was just too appealing and Owen skipped his afternoon nap in favor of playing a bit more with his friends and all his new toys. BUT, once bedtime came, he crashed hard. Can you count the pacis?


A big thank you to everybody who helped make Owen's first birthday such a special event. We had so much fun celebrating with you and look forward to many more over the years. We were sorry that all of our family couldn't join in the fun...we missed our Sunshine State loved ones and look forward to partying with them soon!

If you wanna see ALL the pictures from our birthday bash, click here: More pictures than you can shake a stick at!

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting all the great BD photos! I enjoyed seeing every single one, but I will admit I was a little sad that I was not there to be part of all the fun! Your Little Piggy cake turned out just GREAT! I am glad to see you are carrying on the tradition of displaying all gifts for a photo op! I will have to find your 1st birthday party pictures and you can share them with him when he gets older~ Love, Mom/Gram :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home