Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bye-bye Nashville. Hello Atlanta!

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I last updated the blog. You've all made your points loud and clear! Sheesh. Give a mommy a break every once in a while. We've been busy moving, you know. Crazy, crazy times. It must be that you all just missed your regular Owen fix. And who can really blame you for that?

I am glad to report that we made it here safe and sound and are now getting settled in our new home. We are, of course, swimming in a sea of boxes. I'm actually growing quite fond of brown cardboard decor...perhaps we could start a new trend?

Owen is walking everywhere and getting into everything. And gosh, the bag o' party tricks just continues to grow. He now knows where his tongue is and can show you whenever you ask. (great for warding off crabby old ladies in the grocery store). He also occasionally signs for "milk" and to tell me he's "all done". In addition to kissing upon request, he now can hug too (just about the only way to get in a millisecond of cuddle time for this busy quasi-toddler). But, the very cutest new thing is playing telephone.

It goes something like this: Owen grabs the phone, Mommy says "Ring, ring. Hello", Owen contorts in whatever way necessary to get the phone up to his ear. He still doesn't quite know which end is for talking and which is for listening but he sure knows that the phone belongs at your ear.




Last night we enjoyed some great family time in the backyard. Mommy and Daddy sipping lemonade, watching Owen splash around in his new "big boy pool."



He was absolutely giddy and I gotta say that Mommy and Daddy were pretty happy too. Times are grand right now, folks. (we just miss our Nashville friends somethin' bad )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home