Sunday, June 19, 2005

Friends, food, fun and farewells

Last night was full of good friends, good food and good fun! My mamas' group had one heck of a shindig with babies and daddies galore. It was a blast! We loaded up on some of the best homecooked bbq this side of the Mississippi and potluck sharings to make you go back for seconds (ok, maybe thirds)! There was even some homebrewed ale to please the adults. Laughter filled the yard and babies and toddlers cuddled, crawled, ran, climbed, and chased bubbles all night long. It was quite a sight.









The evening also carried a bittersweet note. With 4 of us mamas moving away in the next month, the evening served as a bit of a going-away party too. I am so incredibly sad to leave my Nashville mamas behind and I have been in denial about it for awhile now. Last night made it real however and was a bit emotional for me. These wonderful friends presented me with one of the sweetest gifts I've received...a beautiful mommy bracelet, complete with Owen's name.



The true highlight of the evening was the incredible cake made by one of the mamas (this lady is my new idol, she can do ANYTHING). In honor of the close ties we all keep by our daily computer chats, she made the coolest cake for those leaving town. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. And tasted great too! This woman has a 2 year old and a 6 month old at home and found time to make not only the cake but our bracelets too! I KNOW she doesn't sleep...but she is wonderful.




We ate too much, stayed too late and endured a mini-meltdown before bedtime. And you know what? It was worth every bit of it all. I will miss these ladies so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home